Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mothers and God

How would you define motherhood? Motherhood is a never-ending job. It takes eternity and a day!

Every time I call mother, she always has a word of encouragement to give. She always says, ''It is well my dear, I am praying for you. I am praying for all of you.''



Being a mother cannot be an easy job. I look at mothers and think, ' A woman needs Jesus!'' A woman needs Jesus to be her very best friend. Anything less, in my judgment, is courting trouble.



Mothers, in my view, do experience a little bit of what God must feel bringing up children. Teaching them and guiding them in the way they should go, correcting and loving them, anyway, when they fall short of the standard, forgiving them when they disobey and hurt you. Mothers, and by these I mean truly Christ-like mothers are God's gifts to us.



A mother's job is never done. She is forever going to God with a request or the other and oftentimes it is hardly ever for herself. She is constantly reminding God to keep her children, save her children, bless her children. God must have an earful of Mothers' requests and tears and pleas!



Mothers and God are a formidable team and if you have one like mine, you can say like me on the one hand, '' If mummy said it, it is as good as done'' because I know she talked to God about it and on the other hand, '' If God promised, it's already done'' because He never fails.



To every mother holding out hope for a child, my take is, ''Motherhood is a full time job and you need a strong ally - Jesus.'



A toast to Mothers and God!

No comments:

Post a Comment